108 Wade Road
Pomfret, CT 06258
Phone: (860) 974-3549
Winery Contact: Carla Brandon
Tasting Hours: Open year round
Fri, Sat, Sun: 11am - 5pm
Tour Hours: Tours available upon request
Winery Profile: Download Winery Profile
Events: None Listed
Sharpe Hill Vineyard is Connecticut’s largest and most award winning winery located in the historic town of Pomfret — just minutes from scenic Route 169 and from the Putnam antiques district. The first vines were planted here in 1992 and the winery opened in 1997.
When patrons visit Sharpe Hill Vineyard, they are surrounded by over 100 acres of historic rural Connecticut landscape. Patrons are treated to a view of lush vines that rise over 700 feet above the surrounding countryside and a vista that stretches to Massachusetts and Rhode Island. The gardens are situated at the base of the vineyard and are modeled after the wine gardens of Europe.
In addition to walking through the vineyard and tasting our award winning wines, we encourage you to reserve a table and enjoy a gourmet meal in our Fireside Tavern. The Tasting Room and Fireside Tavern are both located within a beautifully reproduced eighteenth century building decorated early American style. The Fireside Tavern is an intimate restaurant perfect for enjoying a food and wine experience.
Ballet of Angels
Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay
Dry Summer Rose
Select Late Harvest
Cuvee Ammi Phillips
Owners: The Vollweiler family
Winemaker: Howard Bursen
Acres: 25 acres of vineyard – 110 acre estate
Produced Cases: 16,500
Varietals: Cabernet Franc, Chardonnay, Riesling, St Croix, Vignoles, Carmine
- Featured on the cover of the Wine Spectators Wines Across America edition (November 2002).
- Cuvee Ammi Phillips 90 points Wine Spectator (7/31/07).
- Vineyard Reserve Chardonnay awarded best Connecticut Chardonnay at the Dolce Heritage Silver Grape Festival 2004.
- Sharpe Hill Vineyard awarded Yankee Magazine’s Best of New England Editors choice Best Wine Tasting Venue 2009.
- Sharpe Hill wines have received over 260 medals at International Wine Competitions including 42 Gold and Double Gold medals